Students in the Undergrad Podcast Lab dove right in and produced a set of podcast pitches this week. This helped them get comfortable with our recording and publishing platform (anchor.fm) and with each other. These ten podcasts pitches show a range of types of podcasts, and each of these could be shaped into a publishable set of episodes. Sketching out a set of prospective podcast episodes comes next as they make a more formal “treatment” detailing their concepts.
- The Black Holes of Netflix (Sarah Doyle and Madison Roush)
“Listen to our hilarious discoveries of truly the worst Netflix has to offer.”
- The Lit-Knitters (Sam Jacob and Jace Einfeldt)
Connecting classic literature with popular culture, two works at a time.
- The Funeral Potato (Gabbey Beard and AJ Dickens)
Like the Onion, but for BYU and Mormon culture
- I Had the Craziest Dream Last Night (Alex Roweton and Ashlyn Earl)
“Welcome to I Had the Craziest Dream Last Night, where amazing dreams happen.”
- Mind the (Generation) Gap (Erika Free and Natalia Green)
Bridging generations, all in good fun.
- The Rabbit Hole M.D.A. (Mason Graham, Danny Daw, Abby Beazer)
“Come join Mason, Danny, and Abby as they meander through the questions of every person’s inner, nerdy soul”
- A Firm Understanding (Madelyn Taylor and Gabriel Bradford)
Investigating affirmative action
- Threat Level Midnight (Trent Anderson and Noelle Dickerson)
“We discuss and investigate who is the real Scranton Strangler”
- Poetry in Process (Isaac Robertson and Matthew McCollum)
“Every episode traces the creative process of a poem, from inspiration to publication”
- The PostMan (Austin Mills and Devin Bartholomew)
“One man’s odyssey through a world of absurd, ironic meaninglessness”